Accidents on a bike are typical and are escalating now that folks are riding bicycles because of high gas prices. Traveling by bike is low-cost and can be very helpful.
One of the troubles is lots of bicyclists don't realize they've got to follow the same traffic regulations as any other car. The additional problem is that motorists don't always appreciate the fact that bikers have the identical right to be driving on the road as them. If you or a family member has been hurt in a bike accident, call Marietta Personal Injury Attorney now at 770-450-5321 or contact us.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident, call Marietta Personal Injury Attorney now at 770-450-5321 or contact us.
Regardless of how old you are, you ought to wear a helmet!
Bicycle Safety Tips And Hints
Safety guidelines for cyclists:
- California State mandates all younger riders to put on a helmet.
- Moms and dads have a obligation to educate their youngsters concerning traffic laws and safety on the road. Youngsters ought to fully understand the appropriate hand signs for making turns, and so on. They ought to comprehend hand signs required for turning and signaling. (Parents: remember to educate only hand signs - not rude gestures!)
- Do not ride a bike after dark if you don't need too. Your bike ought to have specific things on it such as reflective tape, head and tail lights. Make certain you always put on clothing that can be seen.
- Make certain practically nothing is on the bike that might get trapped in the spokes or trapped in the chain.
- Don't ride in opposition to traffic - cycle with the flow. Keep in mind that motorists are used to people that follow the rules and are prepared to handle that. They are not accustomed to coping with the other things that are irregular like cyclists facing traffic.
- Don't ride a bike after having a drink. Your judgment is significantly reduced and your reaction time can most certainly result in a collision.
Motor Car Driver Safety
- You have to yield to the biker if you are in the right side of the road with one and you plan to turn at an intersection.
- You can't drive in a specified bike lane unless of course you've got immediate objectives to turn off the road.
- There are lots of new traffic laws regarding bicycles and ignorance of the laws won't safeguard you from negligence if you harm a biker.
Bike riders are subject to the same traffic laws as motorists. Cyclists have to comply with these protocols just like vehicle drivers.
In lots of cases, a bike accident is the consequence of a driver failing to pay attention whilst operating his or her car. The subsequent are some typical kinds of accidents that a bicyclist might be hurt in:
- A motor vehicle driver turning straight in front of a biker
- A biker that has a car pull out in front of them whenever a car enters the street from a parking spot or driveway
- A motorist's failing to yield at a junction or running a red light or stop sign
- A car driver's inattention whilst driving past a biker
- After stopping at a stop sign motorists do not look both ways whenever returning to driving
- A vehicle driver is intoxicated by alcohol or drugs
It's suggested that bicyclists be defensive whenever driving on the highway. Sadly the very best way to avoid a potential automobile accident is to be conscious of the surroundings and look out for inattentive vehicle operators.
Bike Accident Statistics
Bicycle Accidents have resulted in some stunning stats:
- Every 6 hours a bicycler is fatally hurt.
- Bicycle accidents lead to injuries to almost 1 million youngsters each year
- Fatalities that take place to youngsters occur in 49% of children under sixteen
- seventy-five percent of all traumas and deaths are due to head injuries
- Motor vehicle collisions cause 1/3 of all cycling accidents however they're more often than not catastrophic. Automobile operators ought to see a bike as a motor vehicle and observe the same laws.
Motor vehicle operators should see a bicycle as a motor vehicle and observe the same laws.